Sunday, August 5, 2012

Virginia Farmer's Markets

I had the chance to see two different Farmer's Markets in Virginia this week-end.  One was in Mineral and one was in Louisa.  I didn't need anything, but all of the produce looked so good!  I'll be down again next week-end and am planning on supporting some local Farmers.

I didn't find out until it was too late, but there was a county agriculture fair in Louisa this week-end.  SO bummed I missed it.  Locals say it is small, but truly an agriculture fair with a fantastic livestock auction.  Drat.  Maybe next year.

Speaking of finds I would like to make down here.  Turns out there was a 7 pound gold nugget found in a small creek that feeds Lake Anna in the early 1900's.  That nugget now resides in the Smithsonian. I should be so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment