Thursday, August 30, 2012

Common Yellowthroat

We had a common Yellowthroat warbler visiting our garden yesterday.  The bird was hanging out amongst that corn, beans and pumpkin vine at the fence near the front door.  How cool is that!?

The lettuce and mustard I planted a little while ago are doing well, especially if you like your greens a little larger than micro, but not full gown.  I have to get some more rows established next week.  I really want to get some spinach going.  We are making plans for over-wintering onions and garlic again as well as plans for our cover crops.

I was weeding my beloved morning glories again in the pollinator garden today.  In fact, I can still smell the rosemary on my hands.  Its cool, the rosemary is in bloom right now and the pollinators love it!  What is more amazing are the plentiful and tasty strawberries still coming in.  Yum.  Stop by and eat a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment