Monday, August 20, 2012

Harvesting!

Had the chance to do some harvesting.  I picked eggplant, white cucumber, Mexibell peppers, and another sweet pepper that isn't bell and I can't find my notes or Id tag for it...  I also picked an ear of sweet corn.

The peppers are picking up in production and I believe we will get more cukes and maybe a squash.  The pumpkin, however, is still dropping fruit.  I can't find a single edamame now.  The plants are still there, just no beans.  Can't find evidence of picking humans or pilfering rodents - a mystery.  My edamame at home is full!

I'm thankful for the rain tonight, good for the fall crops - too late for summer.  Bummer.

Thanks to all the folks who came to school on Saturday and rocked it out!  So much work was accomplished both inside and out!!!  Sorry Cat, haven't found your pruners yet.  They must be keeping my hammer company.  I'll keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment