Monday, July 30, 2012

White cucumbers and other exotic seeds

Today I found a white cucumber at the farm.  I forgot I planted the seeds.  Last year I bought a bunch from Burpee and they sent me free seeds.  I'm sure the seed package says something more exciting than white cucumber.  Like Cucumber Ice, or Icee Cucumber, or Ghost Cucumber.  Anyway we are growing white cucumbers.

Speaking of exotic seeds, I am growing some cool stuff and maybe (or NOT) I want to find seed for them next year.  I've grown an empty Coors light bottle, and an empty Corona light bottle, and an Absolute bottle, and packages for Utz potato chips, and cookie packages, and Doritos and... Ah, Urban Farming.

Those accidentals are amazing.

O.k., enough tongue-in-cheek.  I pulled all the sad and sick tomatoes and started spinach, lettuce, and mustard in their place.

I also am excited about the eggplant doing so well.  Did I say how pretty the sunflowers are?  I know, all of the sudden we have sunflower going to town!  Who knew, I had given up.  I guess the birds didn't get to them all after all.

Come see!

No comments:

Post a Comment