Thursday, May 24, 2012

Strawberries, Love, and Memorial Day Week-end!

The 5th graders had harvested about 10 quarts of strawberries today, the last time I saw them.  Yum, bring on the shortcake and whipped cream!!!!  All of the onions are also pulled, prepped and for sale as I write this!

In addition to the many joyful years I spent in my Dad's, Dad's strawberry patch, Kate and I also got engaged in a strawberry patch around this time of year many moons ago.  So, I have a fond place in my heart for strawberries and strawberry patches.

Memorial Day week-end is usually the height of my spring grass allergies and, of course, lots and lots of strawberries picked and eaten.The smell of fresh cut grass and/or the smell of fresh sliced strawberries sometimes makes me feel like I should be sneezing.  Maybe old age has tempered those allergies, I don't seem to be as affected as I once was.  Who knows!?

Take a moment to remember all those who serve and have served, their sacrifice should be acknowledged and appreciated.  Cheers to you active duty and to my fellow vets.  Thank you.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun long week-end off.

No comments:

Post a Comment