Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Peas in a pod and soggy strawberries

Finally, peas are in bloom and pods have begun to form, so exciting.  We need every drop of this rain we are getting, but the strawberries are suffering for it.  A lot of berries rotting and a soggy mess AND the birds are still getting their pecks in, what to do?

The onions are looking fantastic and as much as I would like the whole crop to go to full maturity we are going to have to harvest some earlier than later to make room for our warm weather plants.  Not that that is a bad thing because they will still be quite tasty, but I would love to see a big, no huge, onion come from our "farm".  I think I might let the onions that are mixed in amongst the horseradish scratch that itch.

The transplanted tomatoes and zinnias have taken well.  Crazy, but I have zinnias still in their flat that are going to bloom!!!! Going to have to get those in the ground REAL soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment