Monday, September 7, 2009

What a week!

The 5th grade harvested with Mr. Michaels and Mrs. Primm on Friday. Tomatoes, basil, beans, cantaloupe - that is right cantaloupe!! It has been dry the last few days so I stopped by to water today and discovered our timer for our drip irrigation system had been broken off at the spigot. I had to re-rig the system and water by hand. I have to order a new timer and we will hand water until a new timer comes in.

There are so many new tomatoes to harvest, as well as peppers (as big as my fist), cucumber, and cayenne peppers. Everything is just so beautiful and plentiful right now. I found a white sweet pepper today and another cantaloupe or two.

I have Swiss chard for the canoe garden and cauliflower - which we need to get in sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment