Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bugs and onions and hots, oh my!

I had the opportunity today to rid the Farm of harlequin bugs by cutting down all of the greens from the horseradish.  The bugs that didn't make it into the trash bag with the greens are trying to find a new home.  Good luck fellas!

While cutting down the greens I found 15 or so yellow onions that I thought had been harvested earlier in the summer.  They are beautiful, smell great and will be quite tasty.  I also harvested many more hot peppers today.  I have cut them all up, bagged them and put them in the freezer for future use.  Yum and yowzaa!

The cutest baby cardinal was eating sunflowers today.  His attempts at flight and gaining seeds were clumsy at best, but most adorable.  The insect life is still amazing in the gardens.  From bees, to butterflies, to beetles and more.  Amazing to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment