Monday, August 1, 2011

Rain?

Rain? What is that anyway...
Wow, things are parched but watered. We could use a slight cool spell and some help from mother nature - just a little rain, not hurricane style, or gully washer style. Just a nice, soaking inch or two.
We have Okra. I found it today. I know I capitalized Okra and it shouldn't be, but I am excited. We have Okra. And more Okra blooms which look like marshmallow blooms, or hibiscus blooms - very pretty.
We also have tomato, squash, eggplant blossom, lots of pumpkin blossom, many peppers (hot and sweet), and lots of birdhouse gourds.
The flowers are gorgeous. Sunflower, marigold, all of the natives, cut and come again zinnia (remember, cut not pull), black-eyed susan. Did I mention we have figs growing?
The cukes and the watermelon or trying so hard.
Stop by and see all the bees, butterflies, and assorted pollinators at work, they make us look lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment